Thursday, January 26, 2017

Good Morning

We've  been  back  on the boat  nearly a week  and I've been trying to get those jobs you put off done. Yesterday I  actually  cleaned the oven, not my favourite job but it's  done.  I shocked Eric by making a fruit cake too. 

I've  finally conquered the  washing  mountain and done the necessary  ironing  although I  think  it's really a waste of time  as the shirts come out of the wardrobe creased anyway. As it's  jumper wearing weather  it doesn't matter as only the collar shows.

In fact we've  had a quiet week  after a busy ten days in Newport. Ben the dog has been getting  us out everyday regardless of the weather although it's  been particularly  muddy on the towpaths. Today it's  going to be cold outside so I am still contemplating  getting out of my warm bed. As soon as Ben hears me in the shower  he'll want to go out for a wee!



The snowdrops have started  flowering in one of  the marina flowerbeds. We must go and see if the ones in the church grounds at Llantysilio  are in flower yet near Horseshoe Falls on the River Dee not far from  Llangollen.   

Well, I need to get up. Enjoy your day, count your blessings, at least we've  got to be old  although no one tells you about the aches and pains!

No comments: