Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Audlem To Nantwich And A Little Retail Therapy

NB Bendigedig at Audlem

A speedy  trip down twelve  locks with boats changing places in every pound to Audlem, mooring on the 24 hour moorings, nice and close to the Coop to fill the empty fridge and cupboard. We didn't even have any bread left. We didn't get away from the Shroppie shelf in fact when the boats started moving in the morning the stern got stuck on the shelf. A helpful hireboater helped Eric push it off once he loosened the ropes so we could float.


We moved on to Nantwich  with three more locks of the Audlem flight and two more at Hack Green, where we had to queue. Ben wouldn't get off the boat at Hack Green with the noise of clay pigeon shooting. We moored up before the Nantwich Aqueduct where we found a space. Very busy with boats  at Nantwich and Eric took some photographs.



Looking towards the Nantwich aqueduct

The other way!

Today Eric managed to finish his undercoating as the towpath was on the other side. I  took Ben the dog for a walk before it got too hot and then walked into Nantwich. There's lots of hairdressers in Nantwich so I was able to get an appointment in Salon Vie Hairdressers in Beam Street in the afternoon.  I enjoyed my few hours retail therapy coming back with some new fitflops and a couple of pairs of cropped trousers  as well as my haircut. Walking back to the boat past some shops a pile of mud and moss came down on my head so I had to wash my hair again when I got back!

No comments: