Monday, May 16, 2016

The End Of The Shroppie

Ben and Poppy patiently waiting at Wheaton Aston Lock
Today Eric cruised to Wheaton Aston while I walked the dogs once we were  out of the cutting at Rye Hill, I didn't fancy two wet and muddy dogs. First stop was fuel at Turner's (48.7p a litre for domestic), and you tell him the percentage you want. Then under the bridge to use Wheaton Aston Services to fill and empty as required. I walked up to the lock with the dogs and waited for Eric to finish filling up with water. I helped a couple through  as they'd only been through Autherley Lock and were unsure what to do. Eric then came with the boat ready to come up the open lock. A man waiting to come down the lock stayed well back and watched me! We're nearly at the end of the Shropshire Union Canal, Autherley Junction tomorrow then turn left we're heading for Great Haywood on the Staffs and Worcester Canal.

No comments: