Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Two Locks To Chirk

Up early this morning with just two locks to work through and a steady cruise to moor near Chirk Marina. Eric did the lock wheeling taking Ben the dog for a walk too, while I was in charge of the tiller resting the knee. There was a little contact with the first lock with the force of side weirs, but no harm done as I was going very slow. A perfect approach on the second lock and no crashes as I slowly entered the lock. 

All the water points were occupied by hire boats, one was filling up as the crew took a shower. We weren't bothered as we had plenty of water and would get some before the Pontysyllte Aqueduct mainly to level out the boat before we cruise the Trevor to Llangollen section of the canal. 


Looking at old photos from my dad's brought some smiles today, bringing back some lovely memories of my three daughters growing up.


Sally, Clare and Lisa (L to R)

Sally trampolining!

No comments: