Thursday, March 10, 2016

Back In Whixall Marina- An Update

The week seem to go slowly by, I made a note of the final meter readings and waited patiently for Wednesday for the exchange of contracts on my deceased dad's house. We had a phone call at eleven in the morning the sale had completed so I paid the final utility bills and that was that. It was weird checking the house on Tuesday knowing that I wouldn't stand in my old bedroom again or my dad's bedroom looking out at the river. I have lots of happy memories of growing up in that house with my mum and dad and I'll still have those, even though the house is sold.


Eric and I enjoyed dog walking in the grounds of Tredegar House with Ben and Poppy, Clare's dog. We left them home one afternoon and had a tour of the kitchens of Tredegar House and some of the downstairs rooms. Very interesting too, the lady showing us around the kitchens was really informative. We'll have to go later in the year when more rooms are open to the public.


We visited our daughter Sally and granddaughter Scarlett and had lunch with them, as well as having a Mother's Day lunch cooked by Lisa with granddaughter Gwenllian. Sally's house is sold subject to contract so she's playing the waiting game too.


Clare and Ben always let us stay as long as we like but after a week away it was nice to come home. Ben the dog is currently fast asleep. On the way back we stopped at the arboretum outside Hereford where we had a walk with Ben  and then we had coffee and toasties which we shared with Ben too. We popped in the Coop at Wem to get bread, milk, fruit and something for tea. The boat felt cold but it soon warmed up when Eric lit the fire. A couple of hot water bottles will warm up the bed.


We're enjoying our new mattress with no lumps and bumps and are very happy with the memory foam topped foam mattress from the Made2Measure. There's a link  to it on the Bed Centre website.

No comments: