Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Great News My Lost Purse Was Handed In.

We braved the rain on Saturday morning to drive down to Wales for a few days, it was bad on the roads with the rain causing a lot of water on the roads and on occasions it was like the log flume at Barry Island going through the water. We obviously took our time and came down the scenic route via Llandrindod Wells where we stopped to walk the dog and get some lunch.It was a paddle for Ben on the paths alongside the river although we weren't the only people braving the elements to walk their dogs. Our luck was in as I went in The Strand Cafe by the car park to ask if we could have a meal accompanied by Ben the dog and they said yes. He led down by our table and waited for some sausage from our all day breakfasts as it was too hot!  Refreshed we continued on our way popping in to see Paula who made us a cuppa, before we arrived at Clare's house.


On Sunday we walked the dog at Tredegar Park and then had a chicken stir fry for lunch. Later Gwen and Lisa came to visit, so hugs all round. It was lovely to see them both.


On Monday Eric took the car to Kia for a service while I walked the dog in the rain, not that Ben was pleased about that so we didn't go far. It was a strange day as we waited for the phone call to collect the car. Paula was kind enough to pick him up from the garage and take him back later as it's not the easiest place to get to.


Later we popped into Sainsbury's to get some flowers as we were going  to eat at Ben's Mum's.  Unfortunately I lost my purse in Sainsbury's. When I realised we went back and CCTV showed me leaving the store with it peeping out of my handbag, so I must have lost it in the car park........gutted. I stopped my cards which was a bit of a nightmare as they needed a card number but finally put me through to a person and it was sorted. I rang 101 to report it lost just in case anyone handed it in.


Good news this morning, Abergavenny Police rang, it had been handed in with everything still in it. Somebody up there likes me!!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Yes thank goodness there are so many honest people in our country yet...

Elsie said...

I was delighted I didn't expect to see my purse again. xx

Les Biggs said...

Excellent news. What a shame a further phone call could not activate the cards again.
Les

Elsie said...

Lost my purse Monday evening and new cards arrived on Thursday so excellent service from Barclaycard and Santander. Hope Jaq's feeling better. Love to you both x