Sunday, October 04, 2015

Nearly In Llangollen

This morning we worked through New Marton locks after waiting in a queue. I stayed behind at the first lock to help the boat following us through as it was their first ever lock. By the time Ben and I had walked to the next lock it was Eric's turn to go through. We decided as it was such a lovely day we'd cruise as far as the Lift Bridge before Llangollen, going down to the paid moorings in the morning so we could have two days in Llangollen.


It's been really busy today, we've never seen so many boats, walkers and cyclists on the move. The sun on a Sunday afternoon certainly  ups the visitor numbers. Crossing the Pontycysyllte Aqueduct was slow following some day boats but who cares with the lovely views. I always look out for the first view of Castell Dinas Bran  from Sun Trevor but I didn't take any photos.  I don't think we'll be walking up there this visit......my knees are sore and Ben's only does short walks.

No comments: