Tuesday, November 18, 2014

R.I.P My Dad Fred Lane 1927-2014


Today the final piece of the puzzle has been put in place with my father's funeral. I couldn't put into words the last  month which started with a fall, admission to hospital and his death on November the second.  He had a lovely send off with lots of happy memories from me his daughter, his grandchildren, nieces, nephews and a lovely eulogy by the vicar.His friends at St Thomas' Church  were amazing and worked so hard to make his fish amd chip lunch provided by Sheppards at Maesglas a great success. Fish and chips was always my dad's favourite food.We'll miss him dreadfully but at last he's with my mum.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Oh thinking of you Elsie. It is never a good time but fond memories will make you smile from time to time but you will never forget your Dad xx

Judith Emery said...

So sorry to hear about your dad,think only of the good times.
Judith
Nb Serena

Elsie said...

Hi,

Plenty of lovely memories to keep me smiling. In his wallet he had a card with my name and phone number and where about ? That made me smile! He kept all my postcards too. xx

Mary Davies said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad Elsie,I lost both my parents many years ago and still miss them so much. xx

Elsie said...

Thanks Mary for your kind thoughts. xx