Monday, March 03, 2014

Thanks Mr AA Man

Today started off well, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and Eric dropped me off in the car park above Ellesmere Tunnel so I took Ben for a walk. We had a lovely walk arriving back in the Tesco car park at Ellesmere an hour later where Eric was waiting for us.I put Ben in the back of the car and we did our shopping.


Ready to go but the car wouldn't start! I rang the AA breakdown service and explained where we were making sure she knew it was Ellesmere, Shropshire not Ellesmere Port. The estimated arrival time of the engineer was  90 minutes so I took Ben for another walk. A very nice AA man arrived to help us 90 minutes later and found the faulty fuel pump. He gently tapped it with his hammer to get it going and followed us to the garage near Whixall Marina....we were ok as long as we didn't turn off the engine. He even brought Eric and all the shopping back to the marina while Ben and I walked the short distance back to the marina.


So our day didn't turn out as planned but it could have been so much worse if we'd  broken down on the way to Newport next weekend.

No comments: