Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Few Days Sunshine

The last three days we've actually had sunshine and much warmer weather.  On Tuesday we had a trip to Whitchurch by car and took Ben for a walk through the Countryside Park to the Whitchurch Arm of the canal. On the way back to Whixall  we popped into the Household Recycling Centre off Waymills in Whitchurch to get rid off some electrical items. A very organised site with labelled skips and containers and no fuss. In some places you have to give a post code.


Yesterday we had a trip to Wrexham......Google Navigation took us down some mud covered country lanes with lots of pot holes so we came back on main roads via Ellesmere. We couldn't go to Wrexham without having fish and chips in Les's, although this time I had a baked potato with chilli for a change. Eric bought me two silver beads for my bracelet as it's my birthday on Sunday. I will be 64 and the Beatles song comes to mind.....will you still feed me will you still need me when I'm 64?


Today's walk in the sunshine was slow, my big toe joint is giving me pain but Ben didn't mind he just had longer to sniff and smell. This afternoon the wind has increased but we still have sunshine shining on the solar panels. The sunny weather certainly gives us hope that perhaps the gales and cold wet weather are behind us.

No comments: