Sunday, January 19, 2014

Quite A Quiet Week

Nothing much going on this week other than the muddy dog walks trying to avoid the showers. We've had some pretty cold mornings but it warms up a bit during the day.       While I'm out the cleaning fairy  (Eric) usually does the dishes and puts the vacuum cleaner around saving me doing it. I just get the dusting and the bathroom to sort out. One advantage of a boat is much less to clean and you soon get used to living in a smaller space.


We've been food shopping in Whitchurch and Ellesmere and today we went out for lunch with Nick and Liz to the Poachers' Pocket which is canalside near Chirk. Since we last there it's been refurbished under new ownership and we had a lovely meal with excellent service definitely worth a return visit. This afternoon we're suitably full and relaxing watching tv on the boat.


Tomorrow we'll be in Newport again  with hopefully my last dentist appointment for six months. Time once again to catch up with family. My dad wants some new clothes, so we're having lunch together before we visit M & S. It's always nice to see our three daughter's and two granddaughter's and they get far more visits since we've had a car and a mooring.


As I've said before we love the peace and quiet of Whixall Marina and the Shropshire and North Wales  magazine  Yattar Yattar wrote an article on Whixall Marina called 'Plain Sailing'.They rang me to ask about the marina so my name is in print! Follow the link to view the article.


Last but not least today is my youngest daughter Lisa's birthday, so we'll be having cake tomorrow.

No comments: