Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lovely Views From Castell Dinas Bran

Castell Dinas Bran with some walkers

Connie looking down to Llangollen!

Connie enjoying the view!

Ben on Castell Dinas Bran with Trevor Rocks behind him

A view from Dinas Bran

A little closer, Velvet hill with Llantysilio Mountains behind.
The signal has been intermittent on Three for the last few days as they upgrade the mast at Acrefair, so I was very pleased to be able to do a blog today. Although I have the dreaded lurgy ......a cold, Liz has been walking with me and today we did the heights of Dinas Bran. I know I've been up there many times but the views are amazing and it was too nice a day not to go up there, even if my pace was rather slow!
 
 
Several new metal kissing gates have replaced wooden gates and on each sits a black crow sculpture, reminding us that Dinas Bran means Crow City in English although the castle is often called Crow Castle. Improvements have also been made with steps replacing some slippery slopes. The castle is always the first thing we see when we travel the last section of the canal from Trevor to Llangollen itself.
 

No comments: