Saturday, February 02, 2013

Mudlarking At The Alt-yr-yn Nature Reserve

Well I did decide to take Ben for a walk in the Nature Reserve but as I walked back along a  footpath alongside a steep slope I slipped and ended up covered in mud. Ben the dog who pulls for Wales did not help me at all he just sat and looked at me! I couldn't get back up the steep bank I just kept sliding back down on my boots in the sticky mud so I had to gingerly make my way slowly upwards sometimes on my hands and knees! Finally the mud monster arrived back at Clare's house, I was much dirtier than Ben! Clothes in the washing machine and my waterproof coat had a shower, Liz you missed a laugh! Luckily I didn't hurt myself.
 
 
Needless to say I didn't walk that route again but stuck to walking along the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal and hard tracks rather than muddy routes. Today Ben and I walked down to see my dad taking about an hour, a walk on his lead but Ben doesn't care as long as he's out. It's been a lovely day with the sun shining for a change.
 
 
Tomorrow we're having a family get together with Sunday lunch and then we're back to the boat on Monday via Arriva Trains. Let's hope the Welsh rugby fabs will have already headed home on Sunday after their defeat in Cardiff. I didn't watch it but I could hear Eric shouting at the television!!

No comments: