Monday, November 19, 2012

Walking In Llangollen

Another view of Trevor Rocks


Looking down the Vale of Llangollen


A little closer view
On Sunday Ben and I enjoyed the sunshine as I huffed and puffed up the incline running alongside Ysgol Dinas Bran ( Dinas Bran School) and through a field leading up towards Castell Dinas Bran. At this gate we are always greeted by three long haired retrievers in their garden who bark at Ben and he can't wait to get past them. We followed  the footpath signs which eventually took us back down to the canal with only sheep  in the one of the  fields.
 
 
On Monday we repeated the walk but this time we had the company of Liz with her dog Connie and plenty of rain.  The dogs enjoyed the walk but this time there were some inquisitive horses in the last field and Ben couldn't wait to get away from them so he pulled me across to the stile. Lots of mud too after last night's heavy rain, so the dogs needed a wash before they could come inside their boat.
 
 
Monday afternoon's exercise took a different form as I went swimming at Plas Madoc with Nick and Liz. Being over sixty has it's advantages after all as swimming is free with a Pure card purchased at Plas Madoc. I enjoyed myself and hope to improve, I've never been much of a swimmer so I can only get better!
 
 
Back In Llangollen we had some Costa coffees and gave the cakes a miss.......what willpower.....not really I already had a custard slice waiting in my fridge!
 

No comments: