Friday, August 24, 2012

Moored At Middlewich

Wardle Lock Cottage
On Thursday we moved again down to moor at Middlewich as we needed food shopping before we turned right onto the Trent and Mersey Canal. There's a Tesco not far from the canal although it was better for us when it was Somerfield as you load your trolley, pay and they would deliver it to a bridge number on the canal where the boat was moored.
 
 
I also needed to see the pharmacist at the chemist as a horsefly had a meal off me when I was walking the dog yesterday morrning. Even though I'd taken antihistamines I still had a swollen itchy wheal surrounded by a circle of inflamed skin. The pharmacist suggested trying  a different antihistamine (Chlorophenamine Maleate), not one of the non drowsy types and by the morning my arm was looking much better.
 
 
The other necessity was a visit to the fish and chip shop at King's Lock, I walked down to get our tea and as usual the fish was beautiful! The best fish and chip shop we know near the canal.
 
 
Today we are leaving Middlewich with about six locks to work through before we stop and we hoping to be moored up before the rain starts.........we'll see what happens.

No comments: