Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Update From Sunny Tixall Wide

Where have I been you may be thinking? We have been enjoying the lovely weather at Tixall Wide .We have been walking with Ben the dog who spent loads of time cooling down in the canal. It's been really busy here with boaters' out on the towpath sitting in the sun, but still very quiet at night.


On Monday I went by train to Newport as I've had a sore throat and a dry cough leaving me with a funny voice. My doctor operates an open surgery so I could see a doctor a lot quicker in Newport than Great Haywood. I went to see him on Tuesday morning and then came back by train. I stayed at my daughter Clare's house- she's had this bug already! Thanks Clare!


At Stafford I found Tesco with the help of google maps and did a bit of shopping before catching the bus back to Great Haywood. In the heat it seemed a long way back to Tixall Wide and I stopped to chat to Angela & Trevor in their newly painted boat. Back on the boat......Eric & Ben were pleased to see me.





No comments: