Friday, July 20, 2012

Great Haywood And Tixall Wide

The Gatehouse (again)
Friday came and we decided to head to Great Haywood, as usual we had a fight with Colwich Lock, those bottom gates are heavy and they don't want to stay shut. Ben and I walked until he jumped back on the boat at the lock as he didn't like the railway bridge ahead with a train going over it! We moored below the lock at Great Haywood as we wanted to catch the bus into Stafford as I needed a new phone.



I knew what I wanted looking on the Internet and vodafone matched the Internet deal for a Samsung Galaxy Ace.......Eric liked it so he had one too! The touch screen takes a bit of getting used to but I love the maps, gps and the navigation apps already loaded on it. Perhaps I won't get lost .....at least I should know if I am going in the right direction!


On Saturday Ben and I went for a walk in the wood alongside the canal and he enjoyed the big sticks and a few paddles. After lunch we decided to move up through the lock to Tixall Wide so we could have satellite TV rather than freeview because we'd be away from big trees. Freeview works but seems to more sensitive to boat movement which causes it to pixellate if the signal is poor.


So I still playing with my new phone  at Tixall Wide.................and it's not raining!



No comments: