Saturday, June 23, 2012

On The Move.....Ten More Locks

NB Bendigedig on the move

Passing the Blue Lias at Bridge 23

Going up Stockton Locks

Looking back down the Stockton Flight

Yes I remembered to use the camera, so we have a few photos of our travels today. We left our mooring near the aqueduct over the River Itchen and headed for  Itchington Bottom Lock with Ben and I walking of course. At the next lock we paired up with a boat but they weren't going up the eight locks which make up the Stockton Flight today.  We met several pairs of boats coming down the flight but nothing else going our way. So we just opened one gate on the double locks and opened just one paddle and basically took our time. It took us three hours to work through ten locks and then we moored up for the rest of the day. No plans to move the boat tomorrow, just be dog walking.

3 comments:

Alf said...

Err......Calcutt ?? dont think so !!

Adam said...

I can tell you've had a stressful time lately -- that's the Stockton flight you've gone up; Calcutt is the three at, er, Calcutt!

Elsie said...

Hi both,

Having trouble saving and posting yesterday. I altered it to Stockton but it obviously didn't save it before I managed to post it. Thanks for reading my blog and keeping me correct! Take care Elsie