Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Few Away Days

I've had an enjoyable few days staying with my daughter Clare, getting the prescriptions for the next three months as well as some visiting. I decided to travel from Stafford to Bristol Parkway and then to Newport so I didn't have to change at Birmingham New Street which gets incredibly busy. Bristol Parkway only has four platforms so changing trains there was much better.


It took two and a half hours and I was in Newport. First of all I collected a reserved Kindle from Argos and then I went to visit my daughter Lisa and granddaughter Gwenllian. I was going to see Gwenllian dancing at her classes for jazz and tap. She certainly enjoys the noisy taps of those shoes. After dancing we caught the bus back to Lisa's house as she was making us tea and Clare was coming too when she finished work. Eric's sister Paula came down with the post so it quite a get together. She was kind enough to give me a lift in her car to save me that hill up to Clare's house.


In the morning it was down to visit my dad who was pleased to be asked out to lunch at the local Weatherspoon's. We had a lovely steak too! I hadn't realised it was steak club on a Tuesday so it was a very good price. After lunch I did a bit of shopping before going back to Clare's for a lazy afternoon.


I returned to the boat today to be greeted by Eric and Ben the dog........both pleased to see me.

2 comments:

Les and Jaqueline Biggs said...

Hi Elsie
The kindle(basic) is $79(£53ish) in the states. We get ripped off here for sure. I think Jaq might just get herself one when we go back.

Elsie said...

Hi Les & Jaq,

I'm really pleased with it as I'm always reading and raiding the charity shops for books.Makes a bit of room on the shelves too!

Take care, Elsie & Eric