Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Yesterday was my birthday, I've reached the age of 62! I woke up to sunshine and a lovely warm day.The day started with cards, presents, phone calls and text messages wishing me a happy birthday. First of all I had  a walk in the woods at Pen-y-Coed with Liz and the dogs to exercise them before we left them on the boats for the afternoon.  Back on the boat to get ready to be taken out to lunch at 'The Hand at Llanarmon' by Liz and Nick. The food was absolutely delicious, we all left the restaurant feeling very full and my birthday treat wasn't over yet.

A view of us at the waterfall- taken by Nick
With the help of satellite navigation our next stop was Pistyll Rhaeadr, a waterfall in the Berwyn mountains with  an amazing drop of nearly eighty metres. Some lovely scenery on our journey-even better in the sunshine and that's the first time I've been on a road that goes through a farm yard. The farmer looked a bit surprised to see us when we drove through on the way back. It was great to go somewhere different, many thanks to Nick and Liz for helping to make my day so special.

2 comments:

ANNE said...

hAPPY BIRTHDAY, FOR YESTERDAY FOR YOU ,, AND FOR ERIC TOO.

i LOVE THE WATERFALL PICTURE

Elsie said...

Thanks Anne for your good wishes. This winter is flying by, must be the good weather. Last year we were frozen in for weeks!