Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Above The Mists On Castell Dinas Bran

Look at the mists
Mists and mountains
Today Liz fancied a walk above the mists which covered Llangollen and I was game for that. The walk entailed crossing just one sheep field and then the dogs could have a good run. Getting to the top of the hill was slow because of me.......enjoying the views, taking photos and getting my breath back.Coming down was a bit quicker!  It's always worth the climb and I'll share the photos I took so you can enjoy the views too.  

It's frosty up here!
Going up!
Frosts and mists
Llangollen in the mist
Amazing mists
Ben.....where's Connie?
A standing arch

8 comments:

nbchance said...

Amazing and wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them, we did enjoy our time last year at Llangollen, but didn't get amazing mist and clouds like that! Regards to you both. Doug and James

Elsie said...

I'm glad you liked them, but it looked so much better being there!

artymess said...

wow magical photos of magical Wales...I am seriously missing my homeland now still can't drive that far with my back .....xx

Elsie said...

I'm sure you'll be there soon. As long as the back's on the mend.

artymess said...

yes my back is on the mend although driving gives me the most pain....maybe I'll have to take the train if all else fails ...x

Anonymous said...

What is the canal like, please? We're due to take our boat Osprey from Ellesmere to Llangollen this coming weekend, then to Anderton, weather permitting.
Best wishes,
John and Liana Fox

Les and Jaqueline Biggs said...

smashing pics and thanks for reminding me of the wonderful views. I felt the climb well worth it.

Elsie said...

Hi John & Liana,

This canal is one of my favourites and at this time of year we usually don't get frozen is as the water flows.It's amazing with the Chirk and Pontcysyllte Aqueducts for an unbeatable experience. The canal is one way in places on the section between Trevor and Llangollen which is a particularly scenic. Nothing beats the view of Castell Dinas Bran on a hill as you get to Sun Trevor. Loads of room to moor in the Mooring Basin or you can moor online where all us winter moorers are moored.