Monday, January 09, 2012

Mooring In Llangollen


Llangollen Mooring Basin (48 hours only)
Yesterday Eric and I had a walk through the Mooring Basin to play ball with Ben in the field. There's just one boat moored up as it's 48 hours only despite our winter mooring permit saying the moorings are in Llangollen Basin. Actually they're online and have been for the last five years but obviously BW don't know this. Ben had a few dips in the canal with his ball, played for a while before we headed to the shop to get the Sunday paper and then headed back for lunch and a lazy afternoon.


This sight made me smile
Today Ben and I headed up past the school on the footpath towards the ruins of Castell Dinas Bran, but I  didn't want to go to the top of the hill, so we followed another footpath leading past the houses and a farm house before walking back down the country lane to Llangollen. One of the ladies in the houses has chickens and she showed me one of the chicken houses destroyed by the high winds. Luckily it was empty at the time. Walking back to Llangollen I had a smile when I saw the sheep on top of the hay, making sure she didn't miss out!


Back on the boat I cleaned up Ben's dirty feet before leaving him with Eric as I was off to get a haircut in Wrexham. I usually go to Hair Station by the Bus Station as you don't need an appointment and they are quite happy to cut it short. Yes, it is short but that's how I like it!

No comments: