Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Visit To Newport

Gwenllian and Aunty Clare
Gwenllian and Aunty Clare take two
After a lovely weekend with Gwenllian and Lisa on the boat, Monday afternoon came and it was time for them to go home. As I was going with them to visit my dad then the three of us set off to catch the train at Stafford. The train was pretty full but we managed to get seats, I had a space next to me so Gwenllian spent part of the journey with me and part with her mum. We changed at Bristol Parkway a much easier change than at Birmingham New Street as the next train came in on the same platform.


On Tuesday I  had a walk around the park with my dad and later on I visited a different park with my daughters Lisa and Clare and granddaughter Gwenllian before we had tea. Later it was back to my dad's house for an evening of TV, chat and then it was bed time for dad...10pm on the dot! Hot milky drinks and no doubt he was away to the land of nod, I read my book for an hour or so! Not a good sleeper anyway I always find it difficult to sleep in a different bed. I was looking forward to my new mattresss delivered to the boat Radford Bank by The Bed Centre in Stafford, ordered Thursday over the phone and delivered Monday morning.....excellent service. They also do made to measure mattresses and have an online site. They advertise in Waterways  World too.

Wednesday morning finally came and I caught the train back to Stafford, changing at Bristol Parkway. Now I'm back on the boat, a lazy evening ahead after a very busy few days.

No comments: