Friday, August 05, 2011

A Little Retail Therapy In Tamworth

Last night we were surprised that no one stopped near us for the night but It didn't matter. A pleasant walk from outside Polesworth with Ben the dog started the day. Back on the boat I blacked the stove and polished some of the interior brass ......I'll have to do the rest tomorrow.


At Glascote Locks we were second in the queue after one boat pulled in at the water point. Some local lads were helping at the top lock earning a little cash. One lad showing off his arm muscles .....mine were bigger...... said I had chicken wings.......cheeky bugger!


Finally moored up near Ventura Park in Tamworth and went shopping. There's a big M & S so I bought some more long shorts and a couple of T shirts to replace some holey ones destined to be rags. Of course we had to do food shopping as well. Eric bought me some red roses while we we're near a shop as it's our Ruby Wedding Anniversary this weekend.

3 comments:

artymess said...

Congratulations on your anniversary ....have a good weekend...x

Elsie said...

Thanks.. I had a very unusual Ruby Wedding present!

artymess said...

Not the roses ?.....