Thursday, July 07, 2011

Going By Train- A Day Out With My Dad

My dad

On Tuesday it was a case of bus from Great Haywood to Stafford, train to Birmingham New Street, train to Newport and then lunch with some friends Wendy and Pat........so it was a bit hectic. Eric came to the bus stop to see me off with Ben. The train journeys gave me a chance to listen to my music collection which is now on a memory card in my phone, so the time went really quickly. In Newport my daughter Clare came to lunch as well and we had a good catch up chat.

After a little shopping I went to see my youngest daughter Lisa and grandaughter Gwenllian. My eldest daughter Sally came to Lisa's house as well, and to make up the party Paula (Eric's sister) came too. She's very good to us as she keeps all our mail and lets us know if there's anything important. Gwenllian kept us all entertained until her bedtime and then it was time to go down to my dad's house.

Gwenllian

On Wednesday Dad and I had a day out in Weston super mare, travelling again by train. The weather was kind to us as we had only a few showers during the day. Of course we had fish and chips in a place called 'The Chicken Inn' , where  Mum and Dad always used to go when she was alive, Weston was a favourite place for their day trips. It's changed a bit since we last visited and there's even a ride like the London Eye on the promenade.  We enjoyed a walk along the prom to blow those cobwebs away and went on the Grand Pier for an ice cream. We watched the dumper trucks bringing loads of sand to the Knightstone end of the beach where the sand eventually gets washed away.  Soon it was time to catch the train back to Newport, but we had a good day! Lots of reminiscing went on too!

On Thursday It was back to Great Haywood, back to the boat. Eric had fun with Ben who didn't want to go further than a 100yards from the boat all the time I'd been away. Needless I say we all went for a walk when I got back, after Ben had demonstrated how much he missed me......lick, lick, lick!

No comments: