Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Pit Stop In Rugeley - Problems With Our Travel Power

We've been having a few problems with the Travel Power which gives us 240v on the move so I can use the washing machine. It decided to go off half way through a load of washing, I managed to spin it using the invertor so I can take it out of the machine, but it hasn't been washed. As its bedding I'll have to wash it when the problem is fixed. I rang Ken Cox from Atherstone so they sent an engineer to remove the Travel Power box and generator to be bench tested. A phone call then this afternoon to tell it was the generator and not the silver box...........be ready on Thursday. Another change of plan , now we're going down the Coventry towards Atherstone to save paying as much in mileage charges. I don't know why we plan ....something always comes up!

We did use the time in Rugeley waiting for the engineer quite wisely as we'd already planned to stop near Morrisons for a big food shop as well a visit to Wilkinsons. So at least one thing went as planned.

Fradley Junction
We left Rugeley and cruised further along the Trent and Mersey Canal passing Armitage where the toilets are stacked up in the yard of Armitage Shanks and later  Kings Bromley Marina. Reaching Woodend Lock  I got off the boat to work the paddles to refill the lock as we were following an old boat bound for Braunston, the photo shows it moored at Fradley Junction. Ben had a  walk  down to Fradley Junction as we worked the other two locks on the way.  The junction wasn't busy at it was late, I opened the swing bridge to get onto the Coventry Canal. We ended up mooring near Streethay Wharf at Bridge 85 where a sign tells me a new marina is being built.

 

No comments: