Thursday, April 28, 2011

Moving on- Wrenbury To Hurleston Junction


Taking a right turn May 2010


We woke up this morning to a boat with it's roof covered in frost, no wonder I felt cold! A flick of the switch and the diesel  central heating burst into life, warmed up the boat and gave us some hot water. for a couple of showers. After breakfast we set off- an early start for us it was only 9.30am, and upset a local farmer by raising the Wrenbury Lift Bridge and allowing another boat through after us before I lowered it again. He shouted at me to lower the bridge as he had things to do! Aren't I lucky I don't have to clock watch!


One more lift bridge and we were away to tackle the locks, three at Baddiley, two at Swanley and four at Hurleston after a water stop. I found the locks hard going- I need a new long handled aluminium windless which makes life easier. We met up with NB Shush at the waterpoint and had a catch up chat before we  both moored below Hurleston on the Shropshire Union Canal aka the Shroppie, one of our favourite canals. We took a sharp right turn just like we did in May last year, so apologies for using the same photo.  Eric had to put down some long fenders because of that Shroppie shelf to stop the bang everytime a boat comes past. Staying put tomorrow I want to watch the Royal Wedding after I've taken Ben for a walk around Hurleston Reservoir of course.

No comments: