Saturday, April 09, 2011

Happy birthday Gwenllian


Eric has gone visiting as it's Gwenllian's 3rd birthday and I am here in Ellesmere with Ben the dog. My trip to Newport is a week later as it's my dad's 84th birthday. Not that I am home alone as NB Henry is moored behind and Nick has gone visiting leaving Liz and Connie. So we've spent a few days walking the dogs and enjoying the sunshine. We even did a 8 mile walk starting from Ellesmere 'The Mere' following footpaths across lovely green fields to Welshampton and back along the canal near Lyneal Wharf with a picnic stop watched by nosey cows on the other side of the fence. Needless to say there was a picnic table a few hundred yards away, but we didn't know it was there. Refreshed we had a lovely walk around Colemere before walking back along the canal to the boats. Inside the boat it was like an oven but it soon cooled down with windows, doors and the side hatch open. I couldn't shut the back doors properly until it cooled down as when the metal expands it's a tight fit. Over the last few days meals have been a shared affair, and tonight I'm eating out on NB Henry while Ben looks after NB Bendigedig.

No comments: