Friday, February 25, 2011

Another Year Older!

Time's flown by and I've not got round to blogging. Ben and I have been out walking everyday following footpath signs to see where they end up. One day we ended up doing a circular route which started with a climb up past Dinas Bran School through a field of sheep and past a house with four Golden Retrievers who snarled and barked as we passed their garden. Then it was up a lane and following the sign post which pointed right and passes some houses and a farm before going through two fields to a road. At this point you can follow the road back down hill to Llangollen but I decided to follow another footpath sign through several fields with stiles which Ben jumped over. We finally came through a field with horses in and down a lane to the canal. The canal towpath is made worse by the deep tracks of the JCB as contractors are in the process of making a new path but it seems to be a very slow process.
On Wednesday I celebrated a another birthday and Eric and I went out to lunch in Wrexham. I had cards thanks to Poste Restante at the Llangollen Post Office. I felt spoilt with chocolates, flowers, wine and lots of phone calls from our family and friends. On Sunday it's Eric's birthday so it's my chance to spoil him too.

2 comments:

artymess said...

Happy birthdays to both of you ...x

Elsie said...

Hi, I hope you enjoyed your half term week, although I expect you had lots of work to do.