Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Finding A Shop!


Yesterday the boat stayed put as the wind was blowing really hard and we didn't fancy moving anyway. I took Ben for a walk to Maesbury Marsh and back about four miles taking two hours- I'm not a speedy walker. We arrived to fine the cafe and shop but no post office anymore and not even a stamp for sale. The shop sold milk, bacon, frozen pies amongst other things but no bread, biscuits and no chocolate! I was disappointed. We managed to find a post box in the wall of a stone cottage not far from the Navigation public house with the help of directions from a local but I still need some more stamps.




Today (Tuesday) we are off to find a shop near Queen's Head we've been told about, whether it sells what we need is another matter.(chocolate!) We found the shop about twenty five minutes from Queen's Head in a little village called West Felton- it had what we wanted other than decent apples including chocolate! I managed to get a book of stamps so I could post some letters in the post box in the shop wall. Not moving again today- perhaps to-morrow.

No comments: