Saturday, December 05, 2009

Christmas Comes To Llangollen

Today Eric and I took Ben to play ball up the field which he enjoyed! It wasn't raining which made a nice change and not as cold as it has been. Ben had a few dips in the canal complete with his ball and came out dripping wet. On the way back we paused to watch the Christmas Parade led by Father Christmas himself but didn't stay long as Ben freaked out when the band started with a bang of the big drum. He really doesn't like strange noises and this becomes a problem when we're out walking and the guns can be heard from a shoot. He just can't wait to return to the safety of the boat.
The lights are up in Llangollen as they are in Wrexham when I went to do a bit of Christmas Shopping. I never know what to get for presents -it seems to get harder each year. The cards are all written ready to be posted next week. I'll have to get the decorations out and put them up so I'll begin to feel like Christmas is coming. The boats along the wharf usually look really Christmassy and Ben avoids going anywhere near the inflatable Santa's and snowmen which makes going for a walk a challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elsie & Eric,
Many thanks for your eCard, I've tried to send you one back, but my PC keeps hanging on the page....d'oh!
Good to read that all is well with you both & Ben of course. I can't believe you're going to be 60 soon Elsie, but them I'm 57 so it must be true.
Have a good Christmas
John Lane

Elsie said...

Hi John,

Just received your ecard- many thanks to you and Julie. Also nice to read your Lane family update. Yes I'm 60 in February- doesn't time just fly by! All the best, Elsie and Eric