Saturday, September 26, 2009

A September Visit To Newport

Gwenllian (photo by Gerwyn on facebook)



On Wednesday I caught the 10 o'clock bus to Stafford and a train to Newport via Birmingham. I only had only ten minutes between trains at Birmingham but plenty of time to get from one platform to the other. A pleasant journey down to south Wales as the train wasn't packed. Arriving in Newport I headed straight to the hairdresser as I desperately needed a haircut to get rid off eight weeks growth. It felt so much better when it was short again as I don't do wavy hair!


I had a few things to do including getting a watch battery put in my watch and getting a it of shopping. After that I caught the bus to the chemist near my doctors to pick up some repeat prescriptions. I arrived at my dad's earlier than usual and he was busy gardening. He loves his garden and spends a lot of his time gardening. We had tea and my daughter Clare came visiting and Paula brought the post. Thanks Paula -you're a star!


On Thursday I had a dental appointment for a filling but after that I was going to see my daughter Lisa and granddaughter Gwenllian. I thoroughly enjoyed being a grandma for the day as Gwen is such a lovely little girl. She's nearly eighteen months old now. Gerwyn took the photo and put in on Facebook so I get to see lots of baby photos. I didn't get to see my daughter Sally as she was in Shanghai with her job.


On Friday it was back to Great Haywood retracing my journey with the trains much busier. Eric and Ben the dog were waiting for me on a seat there. I had a great welcome from Ben and I know Eric was glad I was back too. We walked up to Tixall Wide where the boat was moored.

No comments: